Monday, July 21, 2008

Thomas Paine Quote

I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.
-Thomas Paine

I think the first part of this quote really shines a guiding light on how individuals should grow and over come certain things one uncovers in their life.

The second part is perfect for truely understanding your motives and over all beliefs. We all are or have already found something that they find true in their hearts and hopefully like Paine says their " conscience approves his conduct". Just a quote on things that I have been trying to understand in my own life.

Jones-

1 comment:

Poor Richard said...

Possibly his best quote, here are a couple others,

A friend of mine likes this one:

"These are times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."

"The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion."

"Time makes more converts than reason."